ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FULL-TIME
Careers at Mark Davis are as unique as our products. We are extremely selective when hiring employees and our expectations and standards are very high. We work hard and, at times, under considerable pressure. We often work collaboratively and there is great opportunity for personal and professional growth through cross-training. Our office is relaxed and friendly and there is no formal dress code. We offer comprehensive health insurance, generous paid vacation, paid maternity leave and above average compensation.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Ability to devise and maintain office systems, including data management, paper and electronic filing.
- Screen phone calls, product enquiries and press requests.
- Handle incoming email, and postal mail.
- Manage the receiving and logging of daily deliveries and shipments.
- Undertake varied research projects.
- Document and report production, including some general analytical work and trend spotting.
- Photography for internal cataloging and records.
- Cost calculating of products using information from multiple sources (e.g.: current gold price, stone suppliers, etc.)
- Write detailed descriptions of items for internal records and clients.
- Maintaining stock of and ordering supplies, raw materials and semi-finished goods.
- Repair logging, including price, time estimation and approval.
- Invoicing and order preparation.
- Merchandising and re-assorting of inventory at retail accounts.
- Weekly, monthly and annual sales analysis and trend spotting.
- Light A/R reconciliation and collection.
- Develop relationships and cultivate strong rapport with our retailer’s sales associates and their managers.
This position will require the following:
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Acrobat.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- A strongly developed sense of color recognition and differentiation.
- A small amount of travel (up to 10 short [1-2 day] trips annually).
- A combination of seated desk work, standing and ambulatory work.
- Some light tool use (i.e.: screwdriver, heat sealer, manual strapping tools, box cutter etc.)
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime and weekend hours.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens or in possession of a valid EAD.
- In possession of a valid passport and free from restrictions involving domestic and international air travel.
- Willing to submit to a detailed background, criminal and credit check.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject field and cover letter. No telephone calls please.