INTERNSHIP (ADMINISTRATIVE FOCUS)
Administrative interns are ideally interested in pursuing a full-time career in either the management or administration of a jewelry or fashion industry manufacturer, wholesaler or retailer or are interested in a fashion industry press/public relations career. An internship at Mark Davis provides students with a complete immersion in the inner workings of a small, super-specialized, artisanal manufacturer of superlative luxury products.
We are extremely selective in the granting of internships. We have specific requirements that help ensure that the internship is a positive and productive experience for both the intern and our company. As an intern, you will be treated as a team member and will be expected to perform at the same level as a full-fledged employee.
Internships are available throughout the year and normally last for a four or six month period. Internships are unpaid but interns do receive a small stipend.
Administrative Internship Responsibilities:
- Screen phone calls, product enquiries and press requests.
- Assist with the receiving and logging of daily deliveries and shipments.
- Undertake varied research and sourcing projects.
- Assist in the documentation and reporting of production, including some general analytical work and trend spotting.
- Photography for internal cataloging and records.
- Assist in cost calculation of products using information from multiple sources (e.g.: current gold price, stone suppliers, etc.)
- Assist with administrative aspects of production.
- Assist with some personal assistant duties.
- General administrative office duties.
This position will require the following:
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Responsible and professional work ethic.
- 20 hours per week.
Applicants must be:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Enrolled full-time in a university or college as either an undergraduate or graduate student seeking a degree in a related field of study.
- Willing to submit to a detailed background, criminal and credit check.
To apply for an internship, please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to email@example.com. Indicate the type of internship you are applying for in the email subject field and cover letter. We strongly recommend that you apply for an internship no less than 4 months before your anticipated start date. No telephone calls please.