INTERNSHIP (PRODUCTION FOCUS)
Production interns are ideally interested in pursuing a full-time career in either benchwork, production supervision, contract manufacturing or launching their own fine jewelry brand. Only applicants with a educational focus on fine jewelry production are considered. A production focused internship at Mark Davis provides students with a complete immersion in the inner workings of a small, super-specialized, artisanal manufacturer of superlative luxury products. We manufacture all of our products in house. Interns will sit at the bench in a commercial manufacturing studio.
We are extremely selective in the granting of internships in general and, particularly when it comes to production internships. We have specific requirements that help ensure that the internship is a positive and productive experience for both the intern and our company. As an intern, you will be treated as a team member and will be expected to perform at the same level as a full-fledged employee.
Internships are available throughout the year and normally last for a four or six month period. Internships are unpaid but interns do receive a small stipend.
Production Internship Responsibilities:
- Assist bench jewelers in the production of models and finished pieces.
- Assist with the organization and preparation of the day's production.
- Act as a liaison between the production and administrative sides of the business.
- Sort and identify loose gemstones and diamonds.
- Inspect and clean castings.
- Maintain the studio, hand tools and machinery.
This position will require the following:
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of basic jeweler's techniques.
- Sound arithmetic and geometry skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Responsible and professional work ethic.
- 20 hours per week.
Applicants must be:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Enrolled full-time in a university or college as either an undergraduate or graduate student seeking a degree in a related field of study.
- Willing to submit to a detailed background, criminal and credit check.
To apply for an internship, please email your resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the type of internship you are applying for in the email subject field and cover letter. We strongly recommend that you apply for an internship no less than 4 months before your anticipated start date. No telephone calls please.